Monday, March 14, 2016

FAMILY LIFE at Desert Springs - a place where we can share the heart of our church family; prayers, praises and important announcements.  Be sure to check-in often to see what is happening. If you have a prayer request or praise, please submit by contacting me, Laura Keener, Frontline Director at Desert Springs....760-568-3646 or lkeener@desertspringsfamily.org.


"You love Him, though you have not seen Him. And though not seeing Him now,you believe in Him and rejoice with inexpressible and glorious joy.”   1 Peter 1:8-9

A Gift of Beauty . . .

Every evening I try to take a moment and witness God’s handiwork. Because His sunsets are never the same. One day He’ll lavish the sky in soft shades of lavender and turquoise, and He’ll swirl in a few wispy clouds. The next day He’ll streak the sky with wide swaths of bright coral and deep amber, and He’ll compliment the colors with thick rolling clouds.

Sometimes I’m in my car, returning from my son’s karate class or my daughter’s ballet class, and I’ll point to the sky and say, “Kids, look! God is giving us another gift of beauty.” We ooh and ahh together.

Noticing His sunsets have become a moment of worship — a moment to say, “I see what You’re doing. And it’s amazing. You are amazing! Thank You for reminding me that You are always there, always creating beauty.”

Once I became intentional about noticing God’s sunsets, I started noticing other moments of beauty too.

The morning dew on spring leaves.
The jacaranda in full bloom.
The hummingbird in fast flight.

I may not see God Himself with my physical eyes, but I see Him all the same. I see Him every day in the way He creates beauty all around me, and I am filled with a contentment — a joy — I can’t quite put into words.

When we’re paying attention, we can see God at work, not only when the sun fades into night, but also throughout our entire day.

Where have you noticed moments of God’s wonder this week?

by Denise J. Hughes


CELEBRATION OF LIFE FOR  LAREIGN HODGES

Tom and their family would like to extend an invitation to all of her Desert Springs Church family to attend the Celebration of Life service on Saturday, April 9th at 10:00 am. In lieu of flowers the family asks you make a donation to: Desert Springs Church (in memory of LaReign Hodges).

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself." Philippians 3:20-21

PRAYING FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS

Health, Wisdom, Strength

And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:18

Carol Anderson
Leta Benefiel
Lucy Brooks
Robert Burgess
Pete Donovan
Alan Hurst
Betty Hyta  
Annie Leonovich
Bill Lovell
Joan Rohm
Carol Smoke - continue to pray for energy
Barbara Storkersen
Serena Williams - back pain severe

No comments:

Post a Comment