Thursday, April 28, 2016

FAMILY LIFE at Desert Springs - a place where we can share the heart of our church family; prayers, praises and important announcements.  Be sure to check-in often to see what is happening. If you have a prayer request or praise, please submit by contacting me, Laura Keener, Frontline Director at Desert Springs....760-568-3646 or lkeener@desertspringsfamily.org.


QUICK REMINDER: This Thursday, May 5 is National Day of Prayer "Wake Up America" is the theme and we will have a prayer service in the Family Room from 6 - 7 PM.  Please join us in praying for our country, our leaders, our moral compass, our service men/women...



As Pastor Mark speaks on Habakkuk this coming Sunday, I couldn’t help but reflect on my dear mother-in love, Irene Keener’s, favorite bible verse:

Habakkuk 3:17-18 “Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.”

Mom Keener went to be with the Lord at age 86 on May 21, 2012, just a few days after Mother’s day, which was her last cognitive day on earth. She was a wonderful Pastors wife and missionary for over 50 years and loved the Lord with all her heart. She raised their one and only son, my sweet husband Fred, to worship and love the Lord and put Him first. I thanked mom many times for this and for her example to me of what it means to be godly woman. She lived it every day of her life.

And then I reflect on my precious mother, Della Schaeffer, who at age 86 went to be with her Lord, just 4 months after my mother-in-love Irene. My mother too, was a beautiful, kind, loving woman of God. She taught me to help others whenever you can, do not complain, be thankful and be generous with everything you have. And as I became a mom, and grandmother she reminded me to never give up on a wondering child, keep praying and believing. It’s our responsibility as moms to never give up on those we love…for God never gives up on us.

So as you see, I was blessed with two godly mothers and I will thank the Lord for this all my life.

Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous; is not proud; is not conceited; does not act foolishly; is not selfish; is not easily provoked to anger; keeps no record of wrongs; takes no pleasure in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

When it comes to the Bible’s most well-known passage on love, mothers are beautiful examples of the high calling of love that is described.



PRAYING FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS IN CHRIST

Health, Wisdom, Strength

And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:18

Bill & Muriel Beers
Lucy Brooks
Ceil Burns
Allan Hurst - pray for full recovery after surgery
Betty Hyta - continue to pray for her during treatments 
Dave Metzler - recovery after knee surgery
Neil Riordan
Carol Smoke - continue to pray for energy
Pam Vouge - hip pain
Serena Williams - back pain severe

No comments:

Post a Comment