Thursday, May 11, 2017

FAMILY LIFE at Desert Springs - a place where we can share the heart of our church family; prayers, praises and important announcements.  Be sure to check-in often to see what is happening. If you have a prayer request or praise, please submit by contacting me, Laura Keener, Frontline Director at Desert Springs....760-568-3646 or lkeener@desertspringsfamily.org.


Laura’s Reflection: Missing Mom

It’s only fitting that as we near Mother’s Day we take time to reflect on our mothers. My mom went to heaven just 6 years ago. There’s still a hole in my hearts that aches for her conversation, her wisdom, a warm hug and the taste of her Sunday pot-roast dinner. I walk by a bakery and see lemon meringue pie, mom’s favorite and another memory stirs. It’s these precious memories that we carry for our entire life and I am so thankful for them. I know many of you have been through the sorrow of losing your mom too, so you understand. It never goes away, does it?

Sadly, there are those who never experienced a godly, selfless, mother’s love, care and provision. Perhaps your mom left you for “another” life or battled an evil illness or addiction that stole her from you. If this is the case, I sincerely pray you have forgiven her and found peace in God’s perfect love. For GOD IS LOVE. GOD IS YOUR PROVIDER. GOD IS YOUR COMFORTER. I pray God filled every void you ever felt as you went to Him in prayer and looked to HIS word for direction and wisdom.

When I look back now at my mom, I know that she desired one thing only for me and that was that I walk with the Lord. When I strayed or tested God, and YES I did … I know she was on her knees. And you know the only thing I desire from my children? Is that they walk with the Lord. And if they stray? And they have. I am on my knees. If there is ever a calling for a mother (or father) it’s that … get on your knees and NEVER stop praying for your children (and grandchildren) and hold on to your HOPE. Remember, once they ask for God’s forgiveness, His word comes to pass “as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.” Our children move forward, we move forward. Thank you, mom. Thank you, Lord.

Proverbs 6: 20-23:
My son, keep your father’s command
    and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
 Bind them always on your heart;
    fasten them around your neck.
When you walk, they will guide you;
    when you sleep, they will watch over you;
    when you awake, they will speak to you.
For this command is a lamp,
    this teaching is a light,
and correction and instruction
    are the way to life…

 Walking in His Love,
   Laura

PRAYING FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS IN CHRIST

Comfort, Health, Wisdom, Strength - "And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18


Lucy Brooks * Rick Diedrich *Dorothy Ferro* Mary Ireland * Chevelle Johnson * Fred Keener * Sharon Nelson * Neil Riordan * Walter & Joan Rohm * Violet O'Leary *Serena Williams son-in-law Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment