Tuesday, June 20, 2017

FAMILY LIFE at Desert Springs - a place where we can share the heart of our church family; prayers, praises and important announcements.  Be sure to check-in often to see what is happening. If you have a prayer request or praise, please submit by contacting me, Laura Keener, Frontline Director at Desert Springs....760-568-3646 or lkeener@desertspringsfamily.org.

In Memory Of:

Our dear brother, Carl Brooks, went to heaven last week. It was very unexpected and we will miss his sweet spirit and helping hands at the 8am service each Sunday.  Pray that his precious wife Lucy, who suffers with her own illness can feel the peace of God during this great loss. We will keep you posted if and when a Celebration of Life service is scheduled.


Laura’s Reflection: I am turning into a hoarder. Want to join me?

Definition of a hoarder (noun): a supply or accumulation that is hidden or carefully guarded for preservation, future use, etc.

Now most of you are probably mortified at my admittance of being a hoarder, but let me tell you what and why I am hoarding. Here’s a hint, “I have hidden your word in my heart Lord, that I might not sin against You.”  That’s it – I am hoarding scriptures, passages and complete Psalms. For almost two years I have been memorizing verse after verse and now almost daily repeat over 150 Scriptures. It’s not with pride I am sharing this with you, it’s because it has become such an important part of my life and I want to encourage you to do the same. I’m gaining wisdom and power, seeing things more and more the way God does, drawing ever closer to the Lord and I proved to myself that I am not too old to do this!

The benefits are wonderful as I share verses to encourage others, to teach, comfort and sometimes even admonish in love. Daily, when I recite the attributes of the Fruit of the Spirit living in me … LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS & SELF-CONTROL, I am more mindful of my Christian walk and how I represent Christ.

Also, I believe that God commands us to memorize Scripture:
·         “If you remain in me and my WORDS remain in you…” John 15:7 
·         “Let the WORD of Christ dwell in you richly…” Colossians 3:16
·         “Do not let this BOOK depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night…” Joshua 1:8
·         “Keep my WORDS and store up my commands within you…” Proverbs 7:1

Pastor Chuck Swindoll said this: “I know of no other single practice in the Christian life more rewarding, practically speaking, than memorizing Scripture. No other single exercise pays greater spiritual dividends! Your prayer life will be strengthened. Your witnessing will be sharper and much more effective. Your attitudes and outlook will begin to change. Your mind will become alert and observant. Your confidence and assurance will be enhanced. Your faith will be solidified.”

Amen and Amen to that! So, jump on this life changing practice with me…you won’t be sorry.

Together in His Word!

  Laura Keener
Frontline Director at Desert Springs Church


PRAYING FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS IN CHRIST

Comfort, Health, Wisdom, Strength - "And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18


Lucy Brooks * Ron Coffee * Rick Diedrich * Dorothy Ferro* Eddie Hernandez * Jenny Hodges * Mary Ireland * Chevelle Johnson * Fred Keener * Theo Nichols * Neil Riordan * Walter & Joan Rohm * Violet O'Leary * Ruth Sixtone Wells 

No comments:

Post a Comment