Tuesday, October 3, 2017

FAMILY LIFE at Desert Springs - a place where we can share the heart of our church family; prayers, praises and important announcements.  Be sure to check-in often to see what is happening. If you have a prayer request or praise, please submit by contacting me, Laura Keener, Frontline Director at Desert Springs....760-568-3646 or lkeener@desertspringsfamily.org.

In Memory Of:
Our dear brother, Glen Smith, went to heaven last week. It was very unexpected and we will miss his sweet spirit. Pray that his precious wife Barbara will feel the peace of God during this great loss. We will keep you posted if and when a Celebration of Life service is scheduled.
                                                                                

Laura's Reflection: Each day is a gift…
Waking up Monday morning to the terrible news of the Las Vegas massacre literally made me sick to my stomach.  I thought so much about the 50+ who thought they were attending a night of great country music and it ended up a night that they either met their Savior or not.  It was like a time bomb went off in my heart prompting me to get with it! Tell those you love, you love them. Tell those who don’t know Jesus, about Jesus! Don’t wait, it could be their last day or yours. I don’t want this to sound ominous but it’s reality.  In just one week there were killings in Paris, Canada & Vegas.  Time to wake up and use these tragedies to grow our belief in the sovereign will of God and strengthen our relationship with Him.  There is a wonderful book “Daring to Hope” by Katie Davis Majors and in it she says:

“He loves me and SO He allows me to feel pain that draws me to Him. And in the midst of the pain, He weeps with me for a world that is not as He intended, for sorrow that He did not design.
I can sing because I know what is coming.
I can hope because I know who is coming.
In the dark of the night, I have seen His face.
I want to be brave enough to hold out the hope of the Gospel to a world that is hurting and alone and afraid.
Not a hope rooted in the absence of pain or heartache or suffering.
Not optimism that looks for the best-case scenario or happy ending.
A true hope that rises from the full assurance that our Savior is on His way.
It’s not light yet, but I know Him, the One who is the Light.
And so in the dark, I will sing.”

Katie said what’s on my heart, so no more words are needed except the Word of God …

Psalm 90: 12 “Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
Psalm 90:17 “May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the works of our hands for us. Yes, establish the work of our hands.”

Our Hope is in Him,
Laura
Laura Keener
Frontline Director, Desert Springs Church



PRAYING FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS IN CHRIST

Comfort, Health, Wisdom, Strength - "And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18


Ron Coffee * Rick Diederich * Eddie Hernandez * Mary Ireland * Fred Keener * Annie Leonovich* Theo Nichols * Neil Riordan * Walter & Joan Rohm * Jim & Curtis Zeilenga

No comments:

Post a Comment