Tuesday, May 31, 2016

FAMILY LIFE at Desert Springs - a place where we can share the heart of our church family; prayers, praises and important announcements.  Be sure to check-in often to see what is happening. If you have a prayer request or praise, please submit by contacting me, Laura Keener, Frontline Director at Desert Springs....760-568-3646 or lkeener@desertspringsfamily.org.




“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above,
where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.” 
Colossians 3:1-2 NIV

When You Think You’re Not Doing Enough

There are so many times I feel like I’m botching things up.

And here I am, feeling like I can’t seem to do enough.

Sometimes I’m tired, sometimes I feel alone in the doing, sometimes I feel lost or confused or overwhelmed.

It means that sometimes we get super wrapped up on all that we’re doing right or wrong and forget to set our minds on the things above, and the things above are sometimes the simplest: Jesus, the Word, and reading His word.

Yes. That’s what I want to do. I want to stop setting my mind on my earthly fears and failures and set my mind on things above — on Jesus and His Word.

As for the other good things, like memorizing Scripture and praying more deeply and all else? It will come. The Holy Spirit will help. Life is an ebb and flow. 

But let’s just take some pressure off, take a deep breath, and get back to the basics.

One day at a time, slow and steady.

Excerts from blog by Sarah Mae

PRAYING FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS IN CHRIST


Health, Wisdom, Strength

And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:18

Darlene Atkinson
Beverly Baughn
Bill & Muriel Beers
Lucy Brooks
Ceil Burns
Betty Hyta - continue to pray for her during treatments 
Pete & Fran Kingstons daughter, Deidre
Sandy Marquez - father, Harold Moyer
Carol Smoke - continue to pray for energy
Pam Vouge - hip pain
Serena Williams - back pain severe

No comments:

Post a Comment