Tuesday, August 16, 2016

FAMILY LIFE at Desert Springs - a place where we can share the heart of our church family; prayers, praises and important announcements.  Be sure to check-in often to see what is happening. If you have a prayer request or praise, please submit by contacting me, Laura Keener, Frontline Director at Desert Springs....760-568-3646 or lkeener@desertspringsfamily.org.




“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;fools despise wisdom and discipline.” Proverbs 1:7


Content in Christ.....

When focused on the stuff of earth discontentment festered. I always felt I needed more.

I loved my family, but often walked into our small apartment disgruntled. I wanted a house. A large house adorned with beautiful new furniture and no hand-me-downs. I also tired of counting pennies at the grocery store and dreamed that one day I would fill my kitchen with fine wines, cheeses, and gourmet ingredients. Only the best.

My wants multiplied daily and in my ignorance, I deemed each one justified. For example, I rationalized that a large home with fine foods would enable me to demonstrate hospitality toward others. But when I sat in awe of my Savior instead of the bounty in His creation, I realized that more joy comes from less.

Less stuff. Less drama. Less schedule management. Less worrying about whether or not I measure up to the standards of others. Less time spent agonizing over how others (ahem) *make* me feel. Less of trying to have the perfect life. Less conforming. Less wanting. Less of me.

Less.

I want less of anything that does not begin from knowing God and wanting what He wants for me.

I want less of this world, of my own silly, fickle heart so that I can brim with Jesus.

How have you learned to be content in Christ?
(Partial blog by Angela Nazworth)


PRAYING FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS IN CHRIST

Health, Wisdom, Strength - 

"And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18




Beverly Baughn
Bill & Muriel Beers
Marlene Black
Lucy Brooks
Ceil Burns
Rick Diedrich
Betty Hyta
Fred Keener
Lora Marullo
Carol Smoke  
Serena Williams & her son-in-law Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment