Wednesday, January 11, 2017

FAMILY LIFE at Desert Springs - a place where we can share the heart of our church family; prayers, praises and important announcements.  Be sure to check-in often to see what is happening. If you have a prayer request or praise, please submit by contacting me, Laura Keener, Frontline Director at Desert Springs....760-568-3646 or lkeener@desertspringsfamily.org.

Laura’s Reflections: Chance or Chosen
Here’s the thing, what is the chance that three of my dearest friends (friends for over 25-50 years) are all going through tough severe cancers & treatments at the same time, while my husband is battling with his own disease? One friend lives near Seattle, the other two are in the Los Angeles area. Between all the doctor appointments, surgeries, radiation and treatments we can’t even manage to travel to see each.

To be honest, I was a bit upset about this; telling God (yes, I tell God – can you believe the nerve I have?) that this is not fair and too hard on all of us. We need to be with each other…for a hug, a cry, to remember fun times, share our fears and to hold on to each other as we pray. But for now, all I can do is chat on the phone, text, send a note and email. It’s not the same. And then, as I am advising God what I need, He sweetly whispers…”NO Laura, you NEED ME and that is enough.”

There are times as I look to the future the terror of the why’s drowns out my trust. If I believe God is with me, is with us—then the future isn’t something to fear, but something to celebrate. He has the plan in His hands.

So once again LAURA (speak truth to myself), it all boils down to this…

1. Live like we believe God is all we need. “My God will supply ALL your needs, according to HIS riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19

2. Trust the Lord, He is for us. ”Trust the Lord with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5 

3. Keep our hopes up and let go of worry. “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” Philippians 4:6

4. Give God the glory for the things He has done and will continue to do. “For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.” Psalm 84:3

5. Recall His faithfulness. “So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help.”             Isaiah 30:8

When I believe these truths in my heart, soul and mind I understand that it’s not “by chance” but that I “was chosen” for this time to be the care giver, encourager and prayer warrior for my precious husband and for my sweet friends. However I can and whenever I can. What an honor I have been bestowed; to pray and believe and hope for the loves of my life. I am CHOSEN by God for such a time as this. 


Thank you Lord.

Chosen by God,
    Laura
Laura Keener
Frontline Director, Desert Springs Church

PRAYING FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS IN CHRIST


Health, Wisdom, Strength - 

"And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18


Tom Anderson * Marlene Black * Lucy Brooks * Marie Bryant * Rick & Kathy Diedrich * Shirley French * Michael & Sherri Gagliardi* Barbara Groneck * Jay & Vernessa Hartland* Fred Keener * Mary Ireland *Violet O'Leary *Serena Williams son-in-law Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment