Tuesday, January 24, 2017

FAMILY LIFE at Desert Springs - a place where we can share the heart of our church family; prayers, praises and important announcements.  Be sure to check-in often to see what is happening. If you have a prayer request or praise, please submit by contacting me, Laura Keener, Frontline Director at Desert Springs....760-568-3646 or lkeener@desertspringsfamily.org.

Laura’s Reflection: Faithful Friends

Lately I have found myself reflecting on how important friendships are in my life. Long, enduring friendships.  Having the kind of friends that are with you in the good times and the ugly (ugly times you don’t even want to recall). When I have found myself in the hard seasons, my closest friends hear from God because they are praying for me and He enables them to meet whatever need I am facing.  They are encouragers and offer a place to unfurl without judgement.

Do you have friends who stood by you through an unexpected, painful divorce; cried with you over a wayward child; helped you through financial ruin or nursed you through sickness?  Remember, these kind of friends are rare and chosen for you; blessings in your life directly from GOD. He put them in your path, He guided them into your life. God did not create us to be lonely or to miss out on ALL the beauty of Christ community.

“And if someone overpowers one person, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not easily broken” Ecclesiastes 4:12

BUT, this doesn’t mean they won’t in love, in time, in Godly wisdom offer correction, training or even rebuking.  Only a holy God friend can do this with no agenda but to guide you back to God’s truths:
  • He is Faithful.
  • He forgives you.
  • He is your Father.
  • You are His child.

“My children listen to my voice, I know them and they follow me. I have given them eternal life, they shall never parish. No one can pluck them out of my hand.”  John 10:27-28

I pray you have friends like this in your life…if not, ask God to open your eyes and your heart to people around you.  You won’t be sorry, this I promise you.

Laura
Laura Keener
Frontline Director, Desert Springs Church
760-568-3646 

 PRAYING FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS IN CHRIST


Health, Wisdom, Strength - 

"And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18


Tom Anderson * Marlene Black * Bill Beers*Lucy Brooks * Marie Bryant * Rick & Kathy Diedrich * Michael & Sherri Gagliardi* Barbara Groneck * Jay & Vernessa Hartland* Chevelle Johnson Fred Keener * Mary Ireland *Walter & Joan Rohm * Violet O'Leary *Serena Williams son-in-law Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment