Monday, January 30, 2017

FAMILY LIFE at Desert Springs - a place where we can share the heart of our church family; prayers, praises and important announcements.  Be sure to check-in often to see what is happening. If you have a prayer request or praise, please submit by contacting me, Laura Keener, Frontline Director at Desert Springs....760-568-3646 or lkeener@desertspringsfamily.org.

In Memory of Jim Leonovich, our dear brother, missionary to the Ukraine and man of God. 

A Celebration of Life Service is scheduled for Saturday, February 25 at 1:00 PM. 

Please keep Annie, his beautiful wife and the love of his life, in your prayers. 


Laura’s Reflection:  Trust or Truth

This Friday my husband Fred has his appointment with Dr. Mozaffer at the UC Irvine Research Department of Medicine for ALS & Neuromuscular Disease. Dr. Mozaffer is a leader in research and treatment and we’re so thankful we were able to get an appointment. Fred and I know that God helped us clear all the red tape and opened that door. But … now that we are just days away from this 7 month journey, here is what I am struggling with. Will I really TRUST, no matter what TRUTH we eventually find out about Fred’s disease, that I will be able to hold on to the TRUTH that GOD is in control and has everything in His hands? Will I be strong and stand firm in my faith that whatever road we go down, God will be with us?

If I’m brutally honest with you (as I normally am) I think because a friend died so suddenly and now his wife is left reeling with this reality it has brought out some new fears. I’m just being truthful with you. I know God understands my feeble human mind that seems to falter, allowing the “what ifs?” to pop in and out. Instead of pondering those thoughts I should be meditating on TRUTH “My HELP comes from the LORD, the MAKER of HEAVEN and EARTH” not the Doctors, not the tests, the medicine or prescriptions. Our HELP comes from the LORD.  And what do you think was in my devotional reading this very morning, Psalm 121.

PSALM 121:

I lift up my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from?

My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. 

He will NOT let your foot slip; He who WATCHES over you will NOT slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over YOU, the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep YOU from all harm, He will watch over YOUR life;

The Lord will watch over YOUR coming and going both now and forevermore.

As I finish typing out this beautiful Psalm, I begin to weep. How can I NOT trust HIM? How can I allow fear to creep in again? Do I not believe the Lord watches over me, over my precious husband? Both now and forevermore? Lord, forgive me. My trust is in YOU, the author and finisher of my faith.

Under His Watch!
Laura
Laura Keener
Frontline Director, Desert Springs Church
760-568-3646  


PRAYING FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS IN CHRIST


Comfort, Health, Wisdom, Strength - 

"And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18


Tom Anderson * Marlene Black * Bill Beers * Lucy Brooks * Marie Bryant * Rick & Kathy Diedrich *Dorothy Ferro* Barbara Groneck * Jay & Vernessa Hartland* Mary Ireland * Chevelle Johnson * Fred Keener * Mary Ireland *Walter & Joan Rohm * Violet O'Leary *Serena Williams son-in-law Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment